Thursday, May 31, 2012

A lesson learned

In my Joy of Sox book http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/the-joy-of-sox. I fell in love with the pattern peekaboo. It a sock without toes. Perfect for a pedicure. I had visions of these adorable socks on my feet after a wonderful pedicure. My cute toes freshly polished. It was going to be great. I had the perfect yarn. Alpaca with a Twist Socrates in purple it has a wonderful hinge of blue in the yarn. I also had some left over Austermann Royal in green for my contrasting color.

The pattern is fairly simple. They are cuff down. My first ones. I have knit socks before and I always fit in a medium, so without measuring a medium it is (oh and I didn't check gauge).  I cast on.

The pattern is fairly simple. The ribbing is short and sweet then you start the heel flap. Well you know the rest. I  finished the first one in a matter of days. I tried it on.................

You guessed it. It doesn't fit. It is so small I can't fit my foot in the cuff.
 LESSON LEARNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment